HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.8 MAY 2024 00:59  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : battle setups
liamo
Joined 1/06/2005

Posted : Monday, 22 August 2005 - 15:14

i know there has been a couple of threads like this before
but i want to discuss battle setups
i know of a couple
mace and marks
hc and fodder
mass ranged
mass meelee
stuff like that

cardfan_stl
Joined 25/10/2003

Posted : Monday, 22 August 2005 - 21:19

balanced -- pretty generic, lots of variations, and rather popular. Basically, you'll find HC, mace, and knights plus some marks and fodder in a balanced strat.

Card

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 23 August 2005 - 00:14

I'm still new to this, so please explain the strategy of wasting points on picking useless armies like spearmen, when you could get an extra HC(9 spearmen vs 1 hc...HC wins every time)? Maybe I just haven't battled someone who has used this tactic effectively.

cardfan_stl
Joined 25/10/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 23 August 2005 - 00:54

Fodder have many uses. There are basically two ways I've seen them used.

(1) To take retal. In battles each unit only retaliates once, so why should you run your HC against the enemy's HC and take 600 damage, when you could first attack the HC with a spear, take 200 damage and then attack the HC (usually with 2 or more units).

(2) To block. Fodder comes in handy to block your range from flank or side attacks. They provide cheap blockers so that your main force can focus in one place.

I've also seen players set up 3 spearmen on a 4 v. 3 so you have to kill the spears first. And then attack on the 4 v. 3.... in blood. Only works if they have the marks advantage though.

Card

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.161865 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap